Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our baby girls' room


Our crib has had this cream net and feminine adornment for seven years now.  I will never forget about a month after we started the adoption process Deke came home one night and surprised me with a vintage baby girl crib bedding set.  I hadn't picked it out he had done it on his own and I LOVED it!! It was exactly what I would have chosen myself.  We knew we were waiting to adopt a little girl and so we wanted to get the nursery all set up while we were waiting.  When I put the bedding on and added the cream net it looked so feminine and sweet.  I could just imagine my sweet baby girl laying inside sleeping.  It was girl heaven for me.  I loved that crib set the whole time Avery was in a crib and when she turned three and moved to a big girl bed I was right in the middle of the ups and downs of trying to get pregnant again.  I told Deke I just couldn't bear the thought of taking the crib down because in a way it would make me feel like I might never be a mom again which was my fear.  A month later I got pregnant and what do you know another sweet daughter was on her way.  I have loved this crib set with Emma.  I loved the way the light would come through the window and light up the net and down onto her sleeping face.  Dressed in something frilly, smelling sweet and looking like an angel, I wondered if there is anything more precious than a baby girl surrounded by all this softness.  





 Hanging her blesssing dress up on the wall to remind me of how tiny she was and how special that day was.  I love just being in my girls room.  Not because it is anything spectacular or that it is even exactly what I want it to be.  But it is the sweetness I feel in there.  The colors and patterns reminding me of them both as tiny babies.  Ruffled diaper covers, giant flower headbands way bigger than their heads and the snuggliest pink blankets.  There have been times watching them sleep in that crib that I have felt so close to heaven.  My girls are not babies anymore.  Emma has moved out of the crib, a transition that way so emotional for me.  I could not be more excited about getting to have a baby boy again but I have to admit as I stripped my crib of its lace and ruffles.....I felt it.  There were tears.  As we moved it to Hunter's room and it sits there bare it is weird for me.  I can't wait to get his crib set in the mail and get it all set up for him.  I look forward to soon peeking inside and seeing his chubby cheeks and his little fists grasped around his blanket.  So now there are two twin beds in the girls room, waiting for new bedding and the room needs updating.  It is time for a change.  I decided to take a couple pictures before we took everything down so the girls can see it one day.  Here is their hair bow holder......

some simple little decor things on the changing table...this is one of my favorite newborn shots of Emma.  I love the way her whole hand is grabbing my one finger, she is so tiny.


shot of the room.....








dress up area with tutus and princess dresses, a small portion of Ave's dress up shoes.....when Avery turned two I found this wood sign that said, "One shoe can change your life"-Cinderella.  It goes perfect both for my little shoe lover and this designated dress up area.


The girls love this and I love it because it is easy for them to choose their outfits and also allows them to be able to clean up on their own as well.  I want to keep this when I redo their room but I would love to find a cream oval shaped mirror to put next to it so that they can see themselves modeling the different outfits.  I love seeing all the sparkles and tulle that resides on this little shelf. fun, fun, fun!!

tissue paper pom poms with little butterflies hanging over Ave's bed....

Avery's bed and her first stuffed animal that we bought before she was born her hippo.....

the view I have loved so many times looking down in on one of my two sleeping little ladies. a memory so sweet to me.

there is no way that all the bows and bands will fit on their decorative board so we also have a drawer stuffed full of more headbands and bows.  Filled to the brim and yet I still seem to be making and finding
more that they "need" for their outfits.



Even though I am going through some sadness that there are no more baby girls in our house right now there are still two beautiful busy girls running around and I can't wait to find new things for their girly space and make more memories with them there.  I possibly have been searching out bedspreads already and pinning anything that looks like it might be fun for their room.  No need to be bummed I remind myself there are still plenty and I mean plenty of "girl stuff" ahead :) :) :)

No comments: