Thursday, October 04, 2012

"Little man" baby shower

This being our baby #4 I wasn't sure if I was going to have a shower or not even though I have had a shower for the other three kids.  I was really excited when my friend Laena from my ward offered to throw me a baby shower.  I always think it is really fun and special to celebrate the fact that you are having a baby.  By the way can I just add the way my heartstrings tug when I look at the picture above and wonder what happened to my first baby? I feel like I was just having his shower and now here he is representing as the big brother and oldest of our bunch.  I can't wait to see if Hudson looks like his big brothers.   
I loved the idea of a "little man" theme and Laena made some really cute invitations to announce the soon coming arrival of Mr. Hudson :) She used mustaches and bowties as the main decoration and did a wonderful job thinking of all kinds of fun details.  She made some maple cupcakes with the bacon on top, they were different than the ones I have had before but they were still yummy!



Mustaches all over the place for the decor and cute polka dotted balloons and decorations in different shades of blue.



She had taken these little almost shot type glasses and added little mustaches to them with as peoples drinking glasses.  She had chocolate milk available for people to put in their glass to drink and give themselves a little milk mustache.  I LOVED the fact that there was all different types of mustaches of them.  Skinny curled mustaches, short brush type mustaches all kinds.  I thought these were so fun and so stinkin cute!!!
Bowtie and mustache confetti for the table......


She had used molds and made chocolate mustache suckers which were adorable.  I had to take a couple of these home for the little ladies they were so cute.  I wish I could've eaten them but since my stupid gallbladder attack months ago I have not been able to have any chocolate.  It has been so frustrating, you'd better believe there is a giant bag of Reese's mini's sitting in my hospital bag right now just waiting for me.  Chocolate and peanut butter oh how I miss you....



The big brother who really wanted to come to the shower with me reminding me that Avery got to go to Emma's baby shower as the big sister and that he was the big brother and wanted to go to Hudson's shower.  He was lovin the mustache thing and hammin it up every chance he had.  I love this kid.  Of course Hunter would put a mustache on instantly and when you ask to take a picture would give you such in character poses.  He seriously keeps me laughing, always has....


Cute idea from Pinterest......

She had done foods that were all "mini man" foods, mini pizzas, chicken wings, mini burgers and fresh veggies and fruit.  I loved what she did with the fries in the little individual cups with ketchup in the bottom.  I will definitely be using that idea at some party somewhere one of these days.....




Hunter and some of the Burch cousins.....



Baby Zeke sporting a binkystache....
Love, LOVE, LOVe this picture because I love that my kids have a cousin on my side of the family finally and also because it makes me think of the fun I have to look forward to with my two boys growing together and having fun as brothers.  I am so excited for them.


My awesome friend Laena who threw the shower for me and did such a cute job and did all the hard work.  Thanks Laena you are the best!

Kassi snuck away before we could get our usual cousin picture but here is Claudia and I....


My friend/neighbor Kristin made him some really cute onesies with her heat vinyl machine.  I flippin love those  little church onesies with the ties on them.  She also made him this mustache one which pretty much cracked me up. 


I snagged up some of the fun goodies to take home to the Burchette's who definitely loved the little mustaches and wanted to get in on the fun.  So they took a couple silly pictures with mom and the mustaches.  Hudson you are in for some major mommying from these two maternal big sisters.  They have been practicing diapering their babies for months and telling me how they are going to help dress you and bathe you.  I honestly think all three of them may be constantly in your face for awhile because they are so excited about you.  At first you may not appreciate it until you start to understand how much fun they are and how much they have looked forward to you coming....

Emma thought these were hilarious.  Still can't wrap my head around her being a "big sister" but ready or not it is coming....

It was so nice to have a day to really just focus on celebrating his arrival and visiting and looking at the fun things that people brought for him.  We are almost 33 weeks now as I type this and realizing it could be anywhere from only 2-4 weeks from now before this guy makes his entrance to the world.  I'm feeling a little nervous about the transition to having four but so beyond ready to have a baby in my house again to snuggle and rock.  So bring on the sleep deprivation and breastfeeding I am ready for this little guy and can't wait to meet him :) :)

No comments: