Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Spilling the beans...

So even though we had known for awhile about our new addition we had decided that it was a good idea to wait and tell the kids after the first trimester was over.  Having had a couple of miscarriages before in the past I just really wanted to make sure that we were out of the really high risk part before we told them about the baby.  I can't help it I am still so scared of loss.  I have been so sick again this time though it has really been worrying Hunter.  I want to tell them so that he knows why I am sick and is not worried that I have some crazy illness.
We were not very creative though and I suggested that we should just do a simple hangman for the kids to help break the news.  So I quickly drew one up, we called them into the front room and set up the video camera and told them that we were going to play a family game.  We let Emma start and had each person guess a letter.  As we got closer Hunter excitedly exclaimed that he knew what it said.  "It says we are having a baby!" he said and then they both sat there for a second looking at each other.  "What does that mean?" I asked them.  Then the light bulb went off, "You have a baby in your belly?" they asked finally it sinking it.  "Yes we are going to have another brother or sister"  I added over their excited cheering.  "It's a BOY! shouted Hunter"  "No it's a GIRL!" shouted Avery.  As we continued to video tape their excited commentary I sat there on the verge of tears scared to watch their excitement, praying that this little baby would stay safe and be okay knowing how much he/she was wanted by these three adoring older siblings.  Please help me Heavenly Father I thought for the millionth time.  Help this little one get here safe and sound.


All I know is this bunch is excited and we are so ready to expand again and getting super baby hungry.  Four is going to be so full and so much fun, I can't wait!!!!


No comments: