Monday, December 10, 2012

Wide eyed one month old :) :)

Hudson is now one month old!!!! It never ceases to amaze me how fast the newborn stage goes and to me it seems like each baby goes faster and faster because you are so busy.  Can I just mention that this guy is the best, most mellow baby ever!  So snuggly, super chill and a GREAT sleeper.
He is now ten pounds and some odd ounces and his cheeks are continuing to chub up nicely :)  Even though he doesn't have a ton up top, his hair is staying thick in the back.  He has beautiful deep blue eyes, much darker blue than the other kids and when he is awake he is very alert checking out the world around him.  Fun things about him right now:  He makes lots of little goat and sheep like sounds,  he likes to keep his legs extended straight out and stretched all the time,  he loves sleeping on his tummy on mom's chest for a cat nap or afternoon snuggle.  He is a major binky boy.  He loves to watch the lights on the Christmas tree and loves to fall asleep to the rain sounds app on my phone.  Not a big fan of being swaddled because he likes to have his hands up by his face while he sleeps.
Hates getting his clothes off to be changed.  He loves to be snuggled close and is constantly looking around when he hears the voice of one of his siblings come into the room.  I am in heaven with this cooler weather grabbing up a blanket and a book and having him fall asleep on my chest while I read at night or sneaking him into bed with me and a cup of hot cocoa in the mornings before I get the other kids up.  Late at night before going to sleep rocking him by the lights of the tree and watching his little eyes get heavy and finally give up to sleep.  
There is just nothing, nothing like having a brand new baby in the house it is so wonderful.  It is the most exciting thing to wake up to in the morning and the sweetest thing to hear his little sounds and cries in the house.  Transitioning to having three kids was really challenging for me, it has been weird that there has been hardly any transition to having four.  None of the other kids have felt so natural to me.  I can't explain it other than to say it feels like Hudson has always been here and I feel like I have adapted smoothly and quickly.  I just can't believe that he is already a month old though.  All I can say is we are literally enjoying every second!



No comments: