Monday, December 10, 2012

Littlest big sister.


I had no idea.  No idea that this littlest big sister would love being a big sister so much.  In fact I worried.  You see this little princess has been exactly that in this household...a princess.  She has been my baby, my shadow and loved and adored constantly by everyone in this household.  Her and I have a special bond, you don't love any of your children more than the other but have different relationships with each of them and I feel like I have known Emma always.  Way before she came to this earth I could feel her spirit and there has always been a connection I can't explain.  I wondered how she would do with a younger sibling getting so much attention especially from me.  It was even hard for me to accept that her time as the baby was over and I have never really felt that way with any of my kids.  Then Hudson was born....and we both transitioned.  Easily and completely smooth.  Hudson was my baby now and the transition was instant.  I was okay that Emma was not the baby anymore, she was two and I was ready for a tiny baby again.  Hudson is my baby now.  Emma was a big sister and she reveled in it.  She was the helper, the one to get the binky or pull up his blanket or try to put back on the sock he had kicked off.  She loves him sooooo much.  She is constantly, I mean constantly kissing and hugging him.
Sometimes I have to during the day have him sleep on my bed because she does not want to leave him alone.  If he cries she rushes to his side and staying only an inch away from his face tells him "there there brudder, me here...me here."  It is precious.  Absolutely precious.  Hudson blinks his eyes and tried to focus on her face way too close for him to actually be able to see.  Then he just stares and her and takes it all in.  She starts giggling and says "mom, him's looking at me!!!" They love each other.  She is the first to want to help with him, hold him, sit by him.  Multiple times a day she climbs up on the couch asks to hold him.  I put the boppy pillow around her waist and place him across her lap.  She  amazes me at two how long she will sit and hold him and talk about him.  


She loves being a big sister and is such a little mommy.  When I have to nurse him or he is getting all the attention she does just fine.  She will just climb up next to me and lay her head against me and together we will sit and talk about how tiny and cut he is and how much we love him.  It has been really special.  She is a great big sister and I think these two are going to be quite the little buddies.  It is going be neat to watch.







1 comment:

CJ said...

Precious. Just precious. :)