Friday, December 14, 2012

Temple lights

I have always thought that the Mesa temple has the most beautiful display of Christmas lights.  I love going every year as a family.  This year was really fun because the kids were so excited about it.  Emma was really into it and Hudson slept through the first half but then the second half we walked around his eyes were bugging out and he was sucking his binky really fast it was so cute.



I think all the kids favorite thing to see was the star and the manger scene.  It have never been to the temple lights on a night when there was hardly anyone there.  It was actually really nice because we could linger awhile at each thing and really look at it and talk about what was going on with the kids.  We have really tried to focus a lot this year on talking a lot about the birth of Christ and making sure our children understand the real importance of this day.
Inside the visitors center we got to watch a video of Luke 2 and even though it was short the message is always so special.  Then went in to check out the different nativity sets from around the world which is cool.
I loved this nativity set from Japan....
This one carved or etched into a crystal from Austria...
One from Alaska.....
I enjoyed having a warm little bundle to carry around in my arms.    I love that I am really feeling the Christmas spirit within myself and inside the house.

No comments: