Saturday, February 05, 2011

Day 5-I love the things they make for me


I love being a recipient of my kids creativity. I love getting the handprint ornaments and cheerio necklaces from my kids. My favorite things to get from them are their own drawings or journaling about something. I always love the things they write to me. It is neat to watch their handwriting develop and improve. Figuring out the phonetic spelling at first and then watching it form into full sentences complete with appropriate punctuation. This is Hunter's first "book" to me. He asked me for a piece of paper and then started working on something at the table and told me not to look until he was finished. When he was done he brought me this book. It was called "The Pup" he had created a cover and then written a short story inside and illustrated it. Inside it says "Mom are you having a baby said the youngest pup. Yes." Then next page says "Yay!" and then has another illustration. I thought he did a good job on both writing and illustrating it. I love it and of course quickly tucked it away in his file of special things that I keep. Good job buddy keep it up :)

No comments: