Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy birthday mom and dad

Birthday time again for Deke and I and I can't believe that I didn't get any pictures on Deke's birthday.  He had to work that day but when he got home the kids overloaded him with all sorts of homemade cards and presents.  We bought him a grilling book by Steven Raichlen (his favorite grill master :) ) and he was craving wings so we grabbed up a ton of wings and a couple of pizzas and headed home for games and movies.
On my birthday the weather was gorgeous so we spent the afternoon walking shops.
We headed to world market so I could grab up some new earrings.  I can never have enough earrings and they have cute ones that are only $5.  They also have some kiwi gummy candies that are so yummy that we grabbed up for a snack.
We headed home to grab up the older kids and headed to Joe's BBQ for my free birthday dinner.  We had never been there before and I didn't think it was everything everyone had raved about but it was good.
Mostly I just loved that we could sit outside enjoying the cool air under the trees and the lights.  I yearn to live somewhere that we can actually be outside more.
So 34 and 32 bring it on, hoping this year continues to be a great one!

1 comment:

Kassi said...

Joe's Farm Grill on Higley and I believe Ray is so much better and you can also sit outside there too! And a major plus is it was on an episode of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives! I'm not a big fan of the BBQ one in downtown Gilbert as well.