Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Hunt of the Sabertooth

Last week Hunter discovered a new love for writing stories. This makes me so happy. With a brain/vocabulary/creative imagination like he has I have always thought that he would be a great writer. He has written short stories here and there but lately he has taken it to another level. He wrote a four chapter story called "The Hunt of the Sabertooth", about two kids that travel back to the Jurassic time period and have all sorts of advertures. It technically is only three chapters since the fourth chapter literally says "The End" hahaha. He did a great job including all the important elements of a good story and didn't ask Deke or I for any help. Not only did he write it he also illustrated it as well. I scanned all the pages, I am not sure how well they can be seen so I have typed out the text but here it is ladies and gentlemen.... "The Hunt of the Sabertooth": any and all feedback for the author would be appreciated he is very excited to be sharing this. First of course a title page:





Setting the stage for the story....LOVING the illustration of the Sabertooth, pictured at the bottom of the page above.



I love the direct quotation. :) Or how about the arrow pointing out our stories main characters.



Great depiction of a T-Rex, possibly a little violent on the headless bird :)



Chapter 2 was very suspenseful, had me worried if he was going to make it out of there.



Chapter 3 was action packed I couldn't stop reading. Chapter 4 included a cliff hanger ending that left me wondering should we expect a Hunt of the Sabertooth 2???

No comments: