Sunday, December 29, 2013

Texas

The day after Christmas I headed to Texas to see Kaulin and Brenn and get to spend time with Kimbre who was also there from DC.  I was surprised that Brenn hadn't had the baby yet since I thought she might have her a little early.  I figured she was waiting for her Aunt MeKell to get there.  All four kids stayed at home with Deke including the little man who I decided would be weaned from nursing this weekend that I was gone.  I arrived in Houston super excited to see my sisters, Brenn's cute belly and see their new place.  We had a great time going shopping, staying up late talking, playing games and enjoying non stop sister time.
  I enjoyed getting to sit and feel the baby move around in Brenn's belly and see all of her cute things in the apartment awaiting her arrival.  It is always fun to be with my sisters just as MeKell and not in mommy mode.  I love them so much. So nice to just talk and be with them.  Other than the fact that weaning made me extremely uncomfortable all weekend it was just what I think we all needed.  It is so hard to grow up and live far away from each other, I  still don't think I have adapted to it after all this time.  Well my auntie instincts were all wrong and Brenn hardly had any contractions all weekend.  In fact she ended up going into labor only hours after they dropped me off at the airport to fly home.  You'd better believe that I cried I was so disappointed that I had barely missed it.  Berkley is so beautiful and it has been so hard not to get to see her and hold her.  Hard to have missed getting to see Brenn become a mom for the first time.  However I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go and be with my sisters and spend time together.  I hope that as we continue through the years we will be able to stop life sometimes and just come together and be with each other.  I miss them all the time.  Thanks for all of it, I love you girls :) :) :)

No comments: