Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Walk, kick a ball, why not learn in the same day?

So with all the busyness in the month of Dec. with Christmas posts I completely forgot to do a post documenting Hudson's big milestone of walking!!! On Dec. 6th he took his official "first steps" about three and they were perfectly steady.  A few minutes later he crawled to the couch to steady himself and then took six sturdy steps towards a soccer ball on the floor and kicked the ball.  All of us were sitting there watching him in amazement.  It was the sweetest thing ever after he kicked the ball he looked over at us grinning with a look on his face like "I have been waiting to do that for so long!!"  He knew exactly what he wanted to do and did it and we were floored at his coordination.  To take his first steps and learn to kick a ball all in the same day, pretty ambitious little man :)  So the next day I had to get a video to document it because it still amazed me.  I can't believe he is walking.  I am going to miss his crawling, it always keeps them feeling like a baby still to me.  I have to admit the sheer joy and excitement on his face as he walks makes me happy and I know it is time for this stage of life for him.  Here we are weeks later and he is practically running around the house and I am loving trying to keep up with him:) :)


No comments: