Saturday, December 07, 2013

Working at the Y

It has definitely been a transition going back to work even part time.  It has been really hard for Hudson adjusting to sharing his mom with so many other kids.  Emma however has really come out of her shell and started to become super social and not so shy.  It has been so good for her.  She has tons of friends right around her age to play with.  I love to get to be there to watch them play princesses, house, kittens or hot lava on the playground.  Every morning when we come in she tells me it is her job to turn on the lights.
Then while I am getting the desk all set up for the parents to check in she starts taking down all the chairs from the tables. 
Hudson who is usually still not quite awake yet sits and watches us from his carseat.
Even though there are times when it is really hard to try to work and be mom at the same time I feel so grateful to get to be able to make some extra income and be with them at the same time.  At least one morning a week we won't have any kids for the first twenty to thirty minutes and Em and I will pull out Candyland or a matching game and get that quiet mom and Emma time together.  I love that while I am watching all the kids Emma can come over and give me a quick squeeze or I can play with Hudson on the slide outside or watch the other kids play and just hold Hudson.  My older kids love getting to go on days when school is out or in the evenings when I try to go back and take advantage of the membership to go and exercise.  It feels so nice to get exercising again, I sleep better and feel better.
I love that we get to do music time, go to the gym and do exercise activities with the kids, playground and crafts.  Emma and I do preschool at home together but it is nice at the Y for the socialization.
Hudson keeps me on my toes since he is such a climber and the floors in there are all concrete. His favorite thing to do is the little slide outside.  He knows how to climb up the back and then slide down on his own and wants to do it over and over again.  Pretty sure a slide of his own is #1 on his Christmas list.  
More pics of the kids playing...
Kael is one of Hudson's favorite friends to play with.  They are only a couple months apart and I couldn't believe it when I found this out but Kael is Dr. McKernan's grandson.  Dr. McKernan delivered all my babies besides Hudson (only because he retired).  He practiced over in the west valley for years.  He is an amazing man and someone that Deke and I feel very close to with our experiences with him bringing our babies to the world.  It has been neat to have Kael there.  Small world. 
We try to get a couple of guest speakers to come in every month to talk to the kids.  Last week some students came in from AT Still to talk to the kids about caring for their teeth. 
Of course the highlight was each getting a new toothbrush and their own mini toothpaste :) :)  So we like working at the YMCA.  I am grateful to have this extra income as we prepare for wonderful new life changes ahead!!

No comments: