Friday, December 02, 2011

Thanksgiving at the McWhorter's

This year we spent Thansgiving with my dad. Kimbre came from San Diego, Brenn and Kaulin from Berkeley and Marley and her boyfriend Dylan came down from Vegas. Everybody got into town on Wednesday and we visited, ate and hung out. Thursday morning we snapped a couple of family pictures together. Emma looked so flippin cute in her skinny jeans and new boots I bought her. Baby shoes :) they seriously kill me, I LOVE them!! After pictures we headed home to a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with turkey, ham and all the extras including Lisa's delicious feta zuchinni and strawberry lemonade. I love sitting around the table with all the people you love, warm comfort foods in generous amounts sitting on your plate, thinking about all the blessing in your life. 2011 has been a very very blessed year for our family. I have a lot to be grateful for. Watching Brenn and Kaulin was really neat for me this year. I love to see how happy they are, love that my sister is in love and getting to experience all the joys of married life. Looking at Deke sitting next to me looking particularly hot that day in a new brown sweater. It made me smile to look around at my kids and see Hunter jabbering away about some LEGO thing, Avery's cheeks completely full of mashed potatoes, fork headed for more, and Emma squealing happily "Mommy!, Mommy!" and pointing to my lemonade requesting a trade for her water in her sippy cup. I love my babies. Thank you Heavenly Father. The rest of the day was spent digesting/napping/watching football, talking and lounging. Then we headed outside to play a little football.Dad had divided us into teams and so we came up with team names and took quick team photos. Seriously Marley and Lisa are my favorite in this one... I'd have to say that Dad and Dylan are my favorite in this one. Me and Brenn...

A quick discussion of rules and then a handout of wristbands containing plays...Then a fun football game in which Kimbre made a great interception, Avery ran a touchdown into the wrong end zone and Marley made a spectacularly unique play that was hilarious. It was a blast. The next day we had a nice T-Ball game where Hunter knocked one out of the park. I was really impressed with the way he played. Friday night Cal (which is who Kaulin plays for) was playing ASU and Kaulin got us tickets to the game. Since I graduated from ASU and Deke soon will it was really fun to go and watch. We left the little girls with a babysitter, went out to dinner and headed to the game.We seriously packed the entire week in with activites, and we were only half way through...

No comments: