Thursday, December 29, 2011

not just for them...

This project has been a lot of work, figuring out how to engineer the house so that it could be easily taken apart and put back together when we move. They have worked so hard on it. It looks awesome. I LOVE the brick siding. This is pictures of it before they got ready to take it apart and move it back home. I can't wait to start accessorizing it with curtains, little furniture, plants for the porch and add the doorbell. Christmas Eve morning I took the kids over to my sister in laws and Deke and a whole bunch of wonderful guys helped him put it together again in the back yard. Two hours later with the kids playing happily with cousins I headed over to see it for the first time finished and in our own yard. As I walked around the corner to the backyard I saw it sitting there, Deke was changing some of the door trim for me and as soon as I saw it I couldn't stop smiling. I'll admit I did cry because it looked so awesome and I was so amazed that Deke built it. He did such a great job. It is perfect and so cute. I guess it just really hit me how special it was not just for the kids, but for me that he built it for them. I had been the one three or four months ago that had been telling stories from my own childhood. Reminiscing about our playhouse when we were little girls and all the fun we had. Telling him how much I wanted our little girls to have that experience to have a real "little house" of their very own. To play baby dolls and sit on their little couches, to giggle with snacks and flashlights at nighttime having a slumber party inside, to invite their friends over for dress up days. Of course like always Deke goes above and beyond in making all my dreams become reality. I had to post this picture because I think it is so neat, I guess that is what happens when you do something really special for someone else. I love him so much. Thank you babe, you are amazing. :) :):)

No comments: