Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Presents from the kids

These things are my favorite. The handmade things the kids create and make for Deke and I at Christmas. Avery drew this picture the other day and brought it to me to put on the fridge. "This is me on Christmas morning" she told me. As I put it up on the fridge something caught my eye that made me laugh. Look on her feet. The kid drew herself wearing heels of course on Christmas morning out to wrap presents. That is probably exactly what she will end up wearing so I guess it is a very good representation of herself. Art made from handprints seemed to be a theme of gifts from the kids classrooms this year. Hunter made us this handprint wreath....Avery made us a really cute calendar for 2012 that uses her handprint for each month with a different picture....For example look at March's cute leprechan....December's cute Santa, with a beard made from her fingerprints....June's handprint is turned into a fish....A cute snowman ornament made out of marshmellows from Hunter and a gingerbread girl made by Ave both to hang on the tree.Hunter painted this frame for Dad at scouts two weeks ago....he also sculpted this little bowl out of clay in art class and told me he thought I could maybe keep my jewlery in it. This last picture the kids didn't make but Aunt Lisa did. It is our family represented as gingerbread people. This morning it made me smile looking at how our little chain of cookie people has grown and now spans the width of this little wall. Love to see those two squished in the middle. Happy visual to me of all five of them instead of just the three that are here. Definitely feeling the Christmas spirit.

No comments: