Friday, December 16, 2011

Letters from Santa

The other day Emma and I went to the bus stop to pick up Hunter and Avery. I love this part of the day because Em gets so excited. We open the garage she runs over and pulls on the handle of the wagon saying "go, go" and she smiles ear to ear kind of cheezy like as I load her in and we head down the driveway. Once we are at the stop every car sound she hears she starts looking around thinking it is the bus. Then as soon as she sees it she starts waving like crazy at it. This has been our daily routine now since she first learned how to wave. She misses those two so much during the day it is really cute. As the kids start to unload from the bus she gets up on her tiptoes and starts looking to try to spot them. Then when she sees them it is big hugs for both of them. Once they are there forget the wagon, she wants to walk with them and hold their hands. This particular day there was something extra exciting in the mailbox. Letters from Santa!!! Avery said she couldn't wait so we sat down right there outside and let them open them. Hunter read his first and was very excited that Santa had given him an actual time range that he figured he would be in Arizona. Hunter is determined to set an alarm and make sure that this year he sees him. Then started discussing with me the route that he thought Santa probably takes starting with Greenland since it is right by the North Pole. I think he read the letter to me probably six times last night. Avery's letter thanked her for telling Santa that she was going to set out food for the reindeer and also told her that he really hoped that she would love what he was bringing for her this year. Avery has been talking a lot about having a "little house" to play in. Later that night she told me that she knew how to get to the North Pole. When I undoubtedly had to ask her how she told me, "You go to snowy mountains, past a lake by a lot of trees." "Then that's when you find it Mom." I told her that I didn't know that and that it was really cool as Hunter looked at me and said, "Ave that can't be right, then there would be lots of North Poles like all over the place, right Mom?" Trying to satisfy both I searched for a quick response. "Who knows, I have never been to the North Pole" I replied. Then shot Hunter a warning glance as he started to say something else in support of his stance. "Yep, it is by snowy mountains and trees, I bet I could probably find it" Avery smiled and headed to take off her shoes. Emma didn't really understand what was happening other than Hunter and Avery were excited about these pieces of paper and it had a stamp with Santa on it. She would open it, point to the stamp say "ho ho ho" and then look over at Avery's. Hunter and Ave were shocked to see that Santa put that he is going to try to stop by Emma's crib when he comes through our house. They quickly discussed a plan which included an agreement that if Santa came in either of their rooms and they saw him that they would hurry and go wake the other person up so that they could both go ride on the sleigh together. They even shook on it. Then Avery turned and said, "Sorry Emma you can't go you aren't big enough." "What if you two are sleeping though and Emma sees Santa and you guys don't wake up?" I asked them. Looking perplexed they spent the next ten minutes trying to talk to Emma about crying or calling for them if she saw Santa. Awwww siblings there is just nothing like em. Thanks Santa for the responses you made my children's day :)

No comments: