Friday, December 02, 2011

and the fun continues....

On Saturday afternoon we headed over to the bowling alley to play a couple of games. We played a round in our teams and then played a round of boys versus girls which was fun. Let's face it though, Dad, Kaulin and Deke are all really good bowlers. I am just thankful we had bumpers and I actually scored over 100 on both games. That was a first. Avery was killing us whenever it was her turn to bowl. We kept reminding her to use both hands and roll it, yet everytime she would march up to the line, heave the ball up by her shoulders and toss it at the lane. Yeah and she has got a good arm. Thank goodness they make the floors nice and durable. Then she would put her hands on her hips and watch it go. We would cheer for her everytime but if she only knocked a couple of pins over she would look at us questioningly as if wondering why we were cheering. Even though we are not the best bowlers we all definitely know how to have fun.Kaulin brought a skateboard and Hunter loved getting a chance to learn how to ride it. Both he and Avery had fun with it. We may need to consider getting one for the kids to have.


Emma playing with Aunt Brenn and Uncle Kaulin...


Sunday we headed over to Castles and Coasters to do a little minature golfing. The weather was gorgeous.


Emma was very intrigued by the whole thing and insisted on carrying my ball and club through the entire course. Needless to say I hardly got a chance to golf myself but she was loving feeling like a big girl with Hunter and Avery. It was really fun. The week had gone by so fast and we packed it full of fun activities, games, eating and visiting like we always do. I feel so thankful to have the family that I have been blessed with. The way we love and support each other in our lives is really special. As we get older and expand our family and spread out to farther distances the times that we actually all get to be together are getting farther apart. I realize how important it is to never take these moments for granted. As we left my dad's house Sunday night I had a hard time leaving my sisters, I missed them already. I know I say it all the time but they are such amazing people and the bond we share is so strong. By the end of the week Emma and Kaulin had made their little bond and it was cute to watch her interact with him. So until next time...luv you everybody :)



No comments: