Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shhhhhh... it's a surprise

We have been planning this for a couple of months. Searching ideas online, making regular trips to discount lumber places. I wanted to do this last Christmas for the kids but it just wasn't the right time. This year is perfect. Deke is building them a wood playhouse for the backyard from us for Christmas. They have no idea. Avery started talking about a playhouse last year and they have both talked about it off and on. My sisters and I had a wood playhouse when we were little and we would spend hours playing in it and having slumber parties. Ave and Emma are at great ages for this. I think if we call it the kids clubhouse instead of playhouse it will be fun for Hunter too. At first I had visions of doing it up really girly and sweet, then I realized that it is a gift for all three of them including any other little ones that will be coming that could be boys and I want all the kids to be able to feel like it is belongs to all of them. So what we decided to do instead I think will be perfect. We poured over different design ideas and tried to figure out a design that was affordable and could fit in our sorry excuse for a backyard. Deke drew up the plans. After he was finished he showed them to me and I haveto say it was really attractive to me. He has so many talents and I love his ability to create. I pretty much think he is hot :) :) Anyways the construction of this mini homestead will be taking place soon and I am sooooo excited. Can't wait to help paint and put it together. Already have laid in bed at night thinking about their little faces on Christmas morning. Now I just need to try and find a giant red bow to put on it. Pictures of the construction phase coming soon.

No comments: