Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ready for number four....

I love these three.  They keep me so wonderfully busy teaching, playing with, laughing and snuggling with.  My life is so full everyday keeping up with them and their different activities and constant desire to be doing and learning new things.  It is funny though how you just know when it is time to grow and I feel that right now.  It is time for another little person in this house.  It is going to be tiring and super busy and definitely an adjustment I am not naive to realizing the changes that each new little one brings.  

But I also know the joy and contentment that comes.  The things that each of them bring to our family as individuals.  I have my schedule down with three and am a little intimidated by the change to having four but I know that I will adapt and learn how to juggle it all.  I am ready to have four kids.  I am so excited for this little guy to meet his super sweet sisters and awesome big brother.  They have been so anxious about him.  I have loved every time they come up and put their hands on my belly to feel him kick or talk to him about something.
Emma gets about an inch from my belly all the time and talks to him about all sorts of things.  "Hudson wanna play me when you come out?" she'll ask him.  The other day she was making dinner for me with her play food and skillet and she brought a plastic hotdog over and touched it to my belly.  "Here Hudson eat yours dinner, kay?" she said as she made chomping noises.  Satisfied after a minute she hurried over to get him an  ice cream cone and repeated the process.  The other night Hunter and Avery both spent ten minutes with their hands glued to my stomach since he had the hiccups and they could feel it.  It was really fun.

I love that Hunter and Ave are bigger now and totally get everything that is happening.  It has been so fun to read the baby books and talk each week about his growth.  They have loved watching my belly grow and Ave loves to tell anyone she can that "you should see my moms belly, it is getting so big!" I think we have gone over what will happen when the baby is born about a million times and they want to review things like who will get to hold him first, talk about getting to push him around the hospital halls in the bassinett and take him for a walk.  Emma is still too young to understand that he really won't be able to do much but sleep for awhile.  I think she is definitely going to consider him "her baby" and treat him like one of her dolls.  So bring on the changes, the growth, the sleep deprivation I am ready for number four :) :)

No comments: