Monday, October 22, 2012

Around our house this fall




It's fall.  My favorite season of the year.  I love the colors, the decorations, the yummy food, the cooler weather etc. etc. etc.  This year it has been fun because we have been redecorating our formal living room and also have updated our fall decorations.  My goal is to use cream, neutrals, teal and brown in the living room.  I definitely want it to have a sort of shabby chic feel.  It has a way to go but so far I have been really happy with the way it is turning out.  Deke built me this beautiful mantle shelf shown above.  It is so pretty and it is always so neat to me that my hubby has so many neat talents.  Thanks to Pinterest I got motivated and made a fun vinyl chalkboard menu board to keep track of our meals for the week.  It was super easy to make and now I just need to work on my decorative handwriting to make it look neat.  
We bought this fun hutch off of craigslist and Deke installed some lights in it on a dimmer switch.  I love having it lit up at night and it has really brightened up the room.
I found this really nice wooden gathering box at an antique mall, added some candles and fall foliage and it has been great to go across the piano.  After the holidays I am going to try to put some greenery in it.





Fun scrapbook paper banner that we made two weeks ago at a RS activity.  Seriously so simple and yet I think really cute.

Fun decorative pumpkin I made last year....



One of the kids favorite decorations our huge spider web and big inflatable spider.  The kids love this spider every year.

I love pumpkins.  I think that everytime I go to the grocery store I come home with another one.  I love that each one is a different shade or has a unique stem.  Deke has been teasing me saying no more pumpkins but I keep finding ones that are just too great to not bring home :) :)
Thank you again Pinterest for the fun crafting ideas.  Made this letter B frame with some burlap and scrapbook flowers.  Again really simple to make and I love the way it turned out.



We got a new couch in here that is much more neutral and yet lightens up the room.



We painted the walls in here a fun teal shade.  For some reason in the pictures it actually looks kind of blue but it actually is teal.  We have had so much fun decorating this room.  I need to find a neat coffee table and there are still lots of little odds and ends stuff to get to wrap up this room but so far it is coming together and it has been a lot of fun to work on together.  I love it!!!



No comments: