Thursday, June 30, 2011

Elizabeth.

Avery and Emma. Sisters. I watch them together and I melt. Reminds me of my own and I get all warm inside. They love each other so much. Here they are playing princesses together in their room. During the day Avery will call Emma and hold out her hand to her. "Come on Emma, let's go play babies" she will say and hold out her hand. Emma will stand up and toddle over there, take Ave's hand, and hand in hand off they will go. If Ave gets hurt or is overtired or anytime she starts to cry, Emma will hurry in and hug her, patting her on the back. I love to watch them. I love when they play pretend. One day a few months ago I was doing some laundry and I overhead Avery. Talking in a heavy English accent I heard her say. "Hurry Elizabeth, hurry. We can't be late" Around the corner she came dressed in a princess dress, Emma following quickly behind her. Barely able to walk carrying two dolls, a purse, and some play food. Sporting some purple shades and a beaded necklace. Avery who was carrying nothing but her purse slung over her shoulder quickly marched on again calling to her, "Hurry Elizabeth, hurry." Now if you can imagine her doing this in a thick English accent no doubt you will understand why I had to turn away as they paraded past me because I was laughing too hard. From that point on Emma has been "Elizabeth" whenever they play. I think I will burst when I hear them playing and Ave says things like, "Hurry darling" or "Elizabeth, come." The hilarious part is that Emma responds to being called Elizabeth and follows Avery as requested. They will spend up to an hour playing in their room with baby dolls, playing house or princesses. Avery doing all the dialogue and giving directions. Emma sometimes understanding other times just smiling at her, moving the babies from the crib to the stroller and feeding them a bottle. She will let Ave put tutus and necklaces and glasses on her. They will both get combs and pretend to "do each other's hair" This particular morning Avery came into me and told me that "Me and Emma want to play princess dress ups" then she added, "Emma wants to wear the ladybug costume but she keeps running from me when I try to put it on her, can you help Mom?" At first Em looked at me unsure if she was really feeling the dress up thing right now. As soon as I put her ladybug on she looked at Ave, the accent came out and Emma went into play mode. It was adorable. She definitely feels her character and becomes "one" with Elizabeth. They played and played and I had to capture some pictures of them in all their sweet girlyness. I love them. I am thankful they have each other. I love watching them grow together and know all the wonderful things ahead. It makes my heart swell.





3 comments:

Justina Selim said...

That is so sweet. They look so cute all dressed up in their princess clothes! I think you have convinced me Eva needs a sister, haha. Aiden and Eva play pretend but it is usually Batman stuff. Aiden refuses to play princesses, haha.

CJ said...

Love it! What sweet sisters. Avery's hair is getting long and beautiful!

BLY and LOU said...

that is so precious!!! What a blessing for them to have that special relationship with each other! That bond between them will last forever!