Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Daddy bought her a toothbrush

Emma now has eight teeth. Eight! By this age Hunter had barely had this first tooth and Ave had about six including her vampire teeth which happened to be the first teeth she got :) Avery lost her toothbrush the other day and Deke said he would pick one up for her. That night he came home and he had bought a new toothbrush and toothpaste for Ave, and Hunter. Bakugan for bug and Princesses for missy moo. Then he pulled out another little brush. He had picked up a first toothbrush for Emma. A cute My Little Pony brush complete with her own infant paste that is safe if swallowed. He is such a great daddy. He is always thinking about things like that and doing special things for the kids and I. I love that he knows all the great boy rough house and fishing and outside fun with Hunter and yet knows how to help dress a babydoll, do a ponytail and is so sensitive to all the girly things. His tender side when it comes to the kids never ceases to amaze me. Deke left their brushes out on the counter that night and the next morning they woke up to their surprises. They were very excited to each have their own toothpaste. Emma was not even really sure what it was until I sat her on my bathroom counter and opened it for her to hold. I took some paste and brushed her tiny teeth for a minute or two and then let her take a turn. She smiled at me and then enjoyed brush/chewing on her brand new pony brush. That daddy I'll tell you what...he sure is something :) :)

No comments: