Monday, June 06, 2011

I love boy stuff...

Do you see it? Can you tell what it is? Look really close, here is the story...I love having a boy. I love the way he really squeezes when he hugs and his deep voice already at seven. I love his busyness and how everything is always some imaginative action sequence in progress. At anytime I could be making dinner while actually being in the middle of a tactical mission, or in an underwater submarine and being delivered secret information. While doing chores the laundry basket is now a prison for some pirates and it is now Harry Potter in the middle of the World Cup that is now sweeping my the kitchen floor for me. He brightens up my world. We have always said so much personality in one little person. Then the other day this. I borrowed some silk plants from my mother in law for Brenn's shower and had them randomly placed around the house. I was standing by the counter the other day by this plant and saw something. I turned the plant around and looked a little closer and saw a hint of white standing out from inside the plant. As I looked closer I saw this.... can you see it? Now do you know what it is?
I pulled the leaves apart and sure enough found this guy sitting inside the plant right in the middle with a walkie talkie in his hand...Cracking up it dawned on me that there were silk plants all over the living room and began to check them one by one. Yep. Found a LEGO man laying on his belly with a gun in the plant by the window. The two plants on the entertainment center contained a scruffy looking fellow standing on a leaf with a sword and Harry Potter donning sitting in the center of the other plant with his broom. With each one I found I couldn't help but laugh harder. You'd better believe that each plant in my living room had a LEGO man hidden inside with some kind of mock weapon. All on some sort of recon mission imitating the green men from toy story. Only a boy would do something cool like this. It is awesome. It made my day. I can only imagine the fun he had placing them there and watching them sit in observation without me even knowing. Think about his imagination and what he was saying to these men as he placed them in their spots and wondered how big Grandma would have smiled when she got her plants back and they were full of LEGO men inside. I love this. I love him. He is so much fun. Makes me hope that the next one will be a little guy. Trucks and cars, first baseball caps, playing ball and wrestling on the floor. After growing up with only girls who'da thought that the boy stuff would be so much fun!

1 comment:

Erin said...

when he needs his "boy fill" send him up to our house to play! We LOVE Hunter to come and play! And there is no shortage of boys at our house!