Friday, August 15, 2014

*** Sidewalk chalk art


One of our last few bucket list items to mark off, was to do some sidewalk chalk art scenes.  I realized after we made the list how difficult this one was going to be in AZ in the summer, when every outdoor surface is scorching.  Up at grandma and grandpa's the weather was considerably cooler, we went over to a park and had some fun drawing.  I wish we could have had a darker surface like blacktop and getting pictures from the right angles was trickier than I thought but we still had a lot of fun with it.  Hunter and his skateboard ramp....
Ave and Eden going for a swim...
This one cracked me up.  Emma wanted to be a fairy princess, riding on a giant snail.  Looks fun to me!!  I LOVE the ladybug she drew sitting on the leaf.
Lifting weights :) :)
Again I couldn't help but laugh at this scene that Ave came up with.  She drew a bunch of balloons and wanted to hold Emma like she was hanging upside down over a shark in the water.  It's sort of hard to see it because its light blue, but see the fin...nice Ave.
Ave and Em, smiling in the rain
Seriously it was fun and I tried so many times to get Hudson to do some but he wouldn't hold still long enough. Since then I have thought of a ton more fun backgrounds to try, we will definitely be doing this activity again when it cools down around here.

No comments: