Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Going fishin'

The kids had asked and asked to go fishing this trip so we made sure to take the entire afternoon and head out to a favorite fishing spot of grandpa's.   
Hudson wasn't quite sure what all the fuss was about but he was thrilled when grandma gave him an empty Gatorade bottle to collect rocks and sticks in,
The weather was nice and as soon as the kids saw the water they were ready to get going.
Deke headed off with Hunter and Ave to find some good spots.  A couple of watersnakes were hanging out and one tried coming up the bank right where Deke was standing.  Hunter and I were rolling watching him high knee it up the bank as fast as he could. The kids did really good on their own this time and fished all afternoon. Hunter loves fishing and I was surprised how much Avery enjoyed it.  I hung out under a tree with the littles and let them play and collect things.
After trying to fish for hours no one had caught anything except of course for Grandpa, who had gone out a ways and found a good spot.  Pretty sure he never comes back empty handed.
Hudson wanted to touch it and then wasn't sure he liked it.
Hunter enlisted papa's help and they searched for crawdads along the bank when everyone was tired of fishing.  We sat around, snacked and just visited.  Made me think of fishing trips with my grandpa when I was little.  I want to make the most of our time with him every time we see him.  I love watching the memories that my kids are making with him.  These last few years have been hard to watch what he has been through.   I am grateful for these moments.

No comments: