Thursday, July 17, 2014

Beep beeps and konk konks



Hudson has entered the "car phase".  He loves them, any and all of them.  Everyday he puts a couple in his pockets to carry around with him.  He also has them stationed all around the house.  I find them placed in random spots everywhere.  He will walk into a room and pick one up and put it in his pocket and then go about his way.  He will come over to me and put one on my lap or hand one to me and say "play."  This isn't a question as much as it is insisting that I stop whatever I am doing and follow him over to the car track.  The other night I was trying to make dinner and he was having a meltdown about me not playing cars.  I remembered something I saw on Pinterest and took some foil and made shapes around the cars and then showed him how to crush them with a monster truck.  
He stayed busy crushing cars with Ave for twenty minutes right there in the kitchen while I finished.  "Mom, watch!!!" he would tell me and then use the truck to flatten out the foil, checking every few seconds to make sure I was still watching.  Then once they were all smashed to his satisfaction he would start handing Avery the pieces of foil saying, "again, again!!" and watching as she shaped them back into cars.



He loves racing his cars down his track most of all but a close second is playing cars in the tub.  He lines them up along the edge and pushes them in one at a time to make them splash.
Then he puts one of his ramps up in a corner and starts racing them down the ramp into the tub.   He loves it.  If we have had a busy night or are trying to get kids down quickly I always have someone check the tub because if there are cars in there, that kid is not going to want out until he is completely pruned.  He has had times where he is totally pruny and the bath water has gone cold and he still has a fit when I finally make him get out.  The other night I went to get in the shower and about went down when I stepped on a green convertible with a flame paint job.  Frustrated I tossed it out onto the bathroom floor.  I reached over to grab a bar of soap and saw three hot wheels all lined up where the soap should be.  I couldn't help but smile.  Oh Hudson, you make me so happy.

No comments: