Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mr. Magoo, Little man, and Chubson

 We have always had nicknames for each of the kids that we gave them as babies.  Hunter had several at first, chick magnet, hot wheels, Hunterbug and Bugalicious.  Hunterbug or Bug is the one that has stuck.  We used to call Avery Missy Moo for a long time and now we always call her Ave.  Emma has been Miss E, Baby E, little miss, daddy used to call her E machine and of course Em for short.  I can't even really remember how it started but from the get go I would always talk to Hudson and use the term little man, mister, or mister man.  He would always make these silly little grins at me and I would tell him he was a goober.  He would make these faces that made me laugh and I told Deke that I kept wanting to call him Mr. Magoo.  One day he made a funny expression and said, "What are you doing Mr. Magoo?" and he looked at me and smiled wide.  It just sort of stuck.  Within a day or two everyone was calling him Magoo.  Emma even adapted the nickname to her own version.  She calls him Magoobie.  "Hi Magoobie!!! Hi Mr. Goo! You are so cute, yes you are" she will tell him.  It just fits his happy, silly little personality.  We all call him Mr. Magoo or Magoo.  He is starting to get some other nicknames as well like little man, Mr. man and a recent favorite of mine from Grandpa McWhorter is Chubson.  He is such a HAPPY baby.  Always wide eyed, all the time I look in his eyes and see this flash of excitement to be able to start moving and checking out more about the world around him.  He is very inquisitive and curious already.  His smile melts me it is so sweet.  However the thing I will remember most about him since the day he was born was the big blue bright eyes.  We love you Mr. Magoo.

No comments: