Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Miss E turns 3!!!!

It actually feels right that she is turning three.  Not that I can't believe how fast it has gone but just with all the things she is doing and the way she talks and acts she has seemed like a three year old actually for awhile now.  I felt so bad that last year her two year old party ended up being a bummer since I was so stinkin morning sick.  The morning of her birthday I made her some waffles and we adorned them with candles and sang to her.
When we talked about her party she told me she wanted a baby doll party.  Perfect, I thought.  Great for three year old's, easy to put together and fun for her first "friend party."  So we made up some invites and decided on her four closest friends.  We asked each girl to bring her favorite baby doll to the party.  Picked a school day where the park would be empty and let Ave stay home from school to go to the party too.
I made some birthday hats for the baby dolls to wear....
We made goodie bags with a baby doll rattle, baby bracelets and a baby cake in them.
The weather was so nice. I love that Em has a spring birthday because we can have parties outside.  As Deke and I set everything up she kept running around talking about all of it.  Every car passing by she would ask if this was one of her friends.  She invited Sara, Kate, Ellie and Zoe.  It was so sweet to see her excitement.  When all the girls arrived I had them start by introducing their baby dolls to one another.  It made me laugh that during the course of the party I think every single dolls name changed at least twice.  Dolls that came as Sara left as Jocelyn and somewhere in the middle were named Ellie.  It was so hilarious.  Also as they first told each other their baby names two of them said their babies name was baby.

The first game we played the girls each tried to toss binky's into a vase to see how many they could get.
Then we played find the binky's.  The girls took turns hiding them around the park for the rest of the girls to find.  The girls loved it but after this they were so ready to have some cake.
I am not a baker and really not great at frosting cakes so I decided to put a cute banner across the cake to distract from my frosting job.  Not that three year olds are worried about stuff like that but it made me feel better.
Before we cut the cake we put all the babies party hats on.  It made my day how excited the girls were about the hats.  They were all asking me to put their hat on at the same time.  Telling me which color they wanted.
Deke and I smiled just listening to them all throughout the party making their babies pretend to have conversations.  They were definitely a cute, cute group of girls.
After cake and presents we had brought a whole bunch of doll stuff and spread it out on a blanket for the kids to just have fun and play.  They spent the last part of the party diapering, feeding, strolling and just playing with their dolls.  Deke brought some bubbles out and they chased bubbles with their dolls until the moms came.
The party was great, I think Emma had so much fun.  It was nice and relaxed and we enjoyed the rest of the day together as a family.  I had to sneak one pic in of Hudson that was cute after the party staring at the balloons.  Happy Happy Birthday my sweet Miss Emma you are going to love being three!!!! We love you, Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

so cute! such a fun idea. Happy Birthday Emma!