Monday, January 23, 2012

The last six years with the Grants.

Our best friends the Grants are moving. They have accepted a great job and great things are ahead for them. It is a great and exciting time for them and we are so happy for them. It is also hard. We love them so much. They have been our friends for almost six years now and we have made so many memories with them. In the time that we have known them we have each had two children. I love that our kids all make little stair steps, they all love each other so much and play together so well. They came down this weekend to see us one more time before they go and as always we played hard, laughed hard and then cried hard when they left. On Saturday Deke and Kerry went to the Barrett Jackson car auction and had a blast checking out all the awesome cars.I love that Deke took a picture of this Hello Kitty car for Avery and Emma to see. A huge beast of a car that seated like ten people called the dark knight...Deke's dream Bugati sitting somewhere in the 1.2 million dollar range...and a whole bunch of other really nice cars that they had fun gawking at.Favorite part of the day was when they got to ride in a corvette driven by a guy from the Bondurant driving school. That night we went over to the park and played tag in the dark and let the kids swing, play on the playground and roll down the grass hill until we were all chilly and tired. The next morning we went to church together and after a day of visiting and playing they headed home. As we said our goodbyes I found it really hard to control my emotions. I will miss them so much. I know we are going to call and Skype and keep in touch. Still it is hard to know that they are so far away and that the visits will be few and far between. I am trying to just focus on my gratitude. Gratitude that they were brought into our lives and that we have been able to grow and laugh and share the last six years of our lives with each other in a very special friendship. Erin is my best friend, someone that I can never run out of things to say or talk about. I am finding peace in the fact that it is still in my hands to keep this friendship alive and strong and that people like Kerry and Erin are the kind of friends we want for a lifetime. We are so excited for you guys in this new adventure. We LOVE YOU!!! The Burch's :) :)

No comments: