Thursday, November 04, 2010

Before naptime

In the afternoon after lunch right before naptime I love to let the girls sit and read books quietly. Sometimes they will lay on my bed with a big pile of books or in a pile of blankets and pillows on the ground. However, lately Emma wants to always be sitting up. Even though she can't do it yet on her own if I prop her up on the couch with the Boppy pillow around her she can sit and play with toys or hold books or her own. They will sit and spend about a half hour looking through books and checking out the pictures. Avery will often pretend to read to Emma but she doesn't like it if Em tries to turn the pages before she is done reading. "Mom, she is doing it again!!!" Ave will cry out in frustration as I head over to remove Emma's death grip on the page. "Emma you can't turn the pages, no no no, just Avery" I hear Ave reminding her. Right now some of Ave's favorite books are: Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy. Emma loves a big book called Colors and a brightly colored book called Ocean. Different sea creatures on each page are illustrated with sparkly colors. Her favorite bedtime book that I read to her is called Baby Mine and is about the different baby Disney animals and their mommies. I am so glad that Deke and I have read to all of them from the time they were born. I hope that each of them will develop a strong love for reading.



No comments: