Thursday, October 14, 2010

SMHS-10 Years

This past weekend was my ten year high school reunion. We were the first graduating class at Sunrise Mountain H.S. and we had a class of around 262 kids pretty small compared to now. Most of us had attended Apache Elementary and had known each other from third grade all the way through high school which is pretty unique since Peoria isn't exactly a small town. Everyone pretty much knew everyone and even their families. I loved high school. Granted life after high school is always so much better but I had a lot of fun in high school. Soccer, volleyball, cheer, dances, drama and an awesome group of friends. Here is a picture of Brittany, Teeny, Annie, Megan and I. Teeny is due any day now. Again someone else who looks amazing when they are pregnant. I was lucky enough to have two of my close friends on either side of my house where all we had to do was jump over the fence and we could be at each others house at any time. Both Dacia and Christin were there. Dacia looked beautiful and she is six months pregnant. Doesn't she look amazing? By the way Christin if you are reading this how the heck did we not get a single picture together? They was a lot going on with my family when I was in high school and my friends were always there for me. They were a great group of ladies that I think about all the time. It was so wonderful to get to see some of them. Seeing who had married who and who was having babies. Everyone looked so great and we had so much fun talking and catching up. My friend Annie was there with her husband Ollie. I was so happy to see her and get to meet him. He is perfect for her and they are great together. I can't believe that it has already been ten years life goes so fast. Since Deke and I dated all through high school everyone remembered Deke which was really fun. I actually think that most people weren't that surprised that we had had five kids in eight years since we had always wanted a big family. There were several people that I had really wanted to see that weren't able to come. A couple in particular that I have thought about a lot over the years and really missed. They were very special to me. It was good to hear through others how they are doing. It was a lot of fun I was so glad that we went. Amazingly these are the only pictures I got. I wish I would have gotten pictures with so many other people. Too busy chatting I guess.




















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So bummed we missed it, but glad you took pics! It's fun too see!

Theresa and Chad Purtymun said...

Mekell!! I saw your blog through Justina's. Very cute family!! Love, Theresa

BLY and LOU said...

what the heck?!? how can it be possible that you graduated 10 years ago?