Monday, November 15, 2010

Harry Potter

Mom and Eden came to spend Halloween with us again this year. We have been lucky to have them two years in a row. They got into town on Friday about an hour before Hunter's class party. We hurried and got all the girls dressed and headed to the school. The entire school does a costume parade which was so much fun. Since Eden was missing her parade and party back home she joined in with Hunter and his class which Hunter loved. They marched around the playground and the fifth and sixth graders stood in a line and gave them high fives as they walked by. Hunter was elated as her told me that at least three people said, "hey there is the real Harry Potter" yeah he really got into character this year. When we brought his costume home and tried it on I went to hand him his wand. He quickly shifted it to the right hand and told me that Harry was right handed. Then he put on the glasses and proceeded to insist to Deke and I that with them on he could actually see better to which we just smiled and laughed to ourselves. He practiced a few sayings for spells to make sure that he had the words just right and don't even get me started on how many versions of Harry's scar on his forehead I had to attempt at until it "looked like the real Harry Potter." I am not exaggerating when I say that for the next few days he was definitely preparing himself to be as close to the real thing as he could. I am not going to lie that I straight up started busting up laughing when I watched from the other room Hunter instructing Avery as if they were doing a scene in a play or a movie. "Now Avery, when I say alla severo revenge you spread your arms out and jump back into the wall like my wand has thrown you backwards off the ground." Avery would then follow said instructions to the best of her ability. Hunter would give her positive feedback then tips on how to make it more realistic and then have her try again. Poor younger siblings. I am glad I was an oldest :) By the next day they had moved on to spells that change people to animals. Hunter would say the given spell and point his wand. Avery would then hurry and jump behind the bed and leave a stuffed snake or dog or other animal on the bed instead. Hilarious. I think Hunter is truly the reason I love Halloween. Every year: Mike from Monsters Inc., Buzz Lightyear, Jack Sparrow, Bumblee the Transformer, Ninja and now Harry Potter I could tell multiple funny stories about that kid and his costumes. He has such a vivid imagination. I love the way he embraces fully whatever "character" he is going to be that year. It is always so funny and neat for us to watch how much he enjoys it. He makes Halloween awesome every year. After the parade we headed back to the classroom where they played "pass the pumpkin" to music and if you had the pumpkin when the music stopped you got a prize. Six of them were playing and I love the fact that after the fifth kid got a prize the music started again and Hunter announced, "this time the music is going to stop at me since I am the only one who hasn't gotten a prize yet." The moms running the games starting cracking up. It did not surprise me at all that he had figured out that the game was rigged to be fair and knew it would turn off at his turn. They then made mummies out of Twinkies and had cupcakes and juice. Oh boy. Then they played some Halloween Bingo. It was so fun to have my mom there to see his classroom and meet Mrs. Painter. You love her.The girls were able to play all the games and get goody bags too which was really fun.

No comments: