Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Family of wizards

The next morning was Halloween and we woke up and made these cute little jack o’ lantern smoothies that were both yummy and a fun food project for the kids to make. Why are they wearing construction hats while drinking them? Who knows but they sure look cute in them. Then mom and Eden headed back to Cali and we headed over to Dad and Lisa’s. We hung out and visited for a while and once it started to get dark we headed out for trick or treating. I loved our costume choices this year. The whole family wizard thing was fun. We got some fun shots of the family all dressed up. I love the girls big eyed glitter masks and their pink bellies. Hunter really wanted Brenn to be Hermoine and Kaulin to be Ron but Kaulin had football and school so he couldn’t come out. However Aunt Brenn rose to the occasion and dressed up as Hermoine. Hunter was thrilled. Wilbur was a reindeer. At one house the couple not only had candy for the kids but treats for the dogs. I snapped this picture of him getting his first trick or treat, treat. I know I am a dork, we really are dog people. As we walked around Dad carried Emma up on his shoulders because she was so excited about all the kids and kept flapping her arms so much. Dad would hold her up in the air and she would smile and giggle. She loved it. I had flashbacks to Hunter’s first Halloween as a baby lion and my dad carrying him around the neighborhood. I remember that the neighbor two doors down from them said how cute he was and then kissed him on the face and it freaked me out. Who randomly kisses people’s babies? Halfway through the night he had crashed out on Dad’s shoulder I have the cutest picture of it. Emma however stayed wide awake the entire time. Too excited to possibly sleep. Emma is at such a playful stage. I love to watch my dad toss her up in the air or tickle her and make her laugh. Her first Halloween. Hunter, Avery and Alec raced up to every door and Avery made sure to inform us after every house exactly what kind of candy she had received. Hunter tried to keep Brenn close by his side. All night long he talked in a surprisingly good English accent with Brenn. “Hermoine,” he would call out if she had wandered off and then she would jump back into her accent and go over and chat with him. I had to laugh as I walked behind them and heard him say, “Hermoine how was the Quidditch game?” “It was quite difficult but wonderful Harry” she responded. “It was quite challenging then?” he asked. “Quite.” Brenn responded. Here is a couple of pictures of the two of them quite in character. Aunties rule. It was a great Halloween, we have partied hard all month long and now with enough sugar to last a lifetime we head into November. Happy Halloween 2010!

2 comments:

CJ said...

Love the costumes! They turned out wonderful :)

Annie said...

omg! can i just say that i am the BIGGEST harry potter nerd ever and i am obsessed with these costumes right now! how awesome....love love love them. Hey BTW, u should read my new post ;) lol call me soon please...i want to hang out! 623.399.3034!!! :) Merry Christmas hun!