Friday, October 31, 2014

"I wanna be gagon"

I wasn't really sure what I wanted Hudson to be for Halloween so we headed to try some costumes on.  We saw a toddler t-rex costume on the shelf that looked pretty cool so we tried it on him. Right now he is way into all things that roar and growl, top favs being dinosaurs and dragons.  He looked so cute in it and kept growling at us.  I was sold until I checked the price tag and they wanted forty dollars for it.  Ummmm, no.  Now I was bound and determined to find another dinosaur costume for him.  A couple of days later I was taking some stuff over to Kid to Kid by the house and they had put out all of their Halloween costumes.  We started checking the racks and Deke brought over a green dragon costume.    
We put it on him and instantly he went into character, putting his hands up and roaring at us as we pretended to run from him.  This only made him grin wider and growl louder.  Some of the cashiers started laughing and saying how adorable he looked and how cute he was.  He turned and started growling at them.  He looked so ridiculously cute in it.  The little hand and foot claws, the tail that would swing as he toddled around and of course it had wings.  Since it was gently used and they were on sale we got it for a whoppin six dollars!! Best costume buy ever.
We brought it home and he wanted to wear it every day, every. day.  I had it in my closet and in the morning as I was getting ready for work he would go to the closet door and say, "I wanna be gagon."  I would tell him we had to go to work and he didn't love that answer.  As soon as we got home from work, "I wanna be gagon" he would announce and head for my room.  So on the costume would go until naptime.  There was definitely more than one meltdown about having to take the costume off to go somewhere or do other things.  "I love my gagon costume" he would tell us.  When he would put it on he would ask to fly and Deke or I would lift him in the air and fly him around the house.  We would chase the older kids around and they would yell, "look out for the dragon, it's going to eat me!!"  Hudson would belly laugh until he could hardly breathe.  This is why I love Halloween.  I love the imagination that comes out in my kids when they put on their costumes.  I feel like pretend play is disappearing in kids these days and I don't want that to happen to mine.  Kid, playing dragons with you and flying you around the living room is a blast.  You are so much fun :)



No comments: