Friday, May 30, 2014

Being an auntie

I'm an auntie.  To Miss Berkley Shea, this ADORABLE ball of yummy chub.  She is so chunky and very verbal with a hilarious monotone sound she makes.  She has beautiful blue eyes and I still think she has the prettiest baby lips I have ever seen.  I mean just look at this picture of her sleeping, don't you just wanna smooch those lips :) :) 
This was our very first time getting to meet her and we all were smitten instantly....
I love this picture of her and Hudson.  He turned one in Nov and then she was born the end of December so they are pretty much a year apart.  I always wanted to have one of my sisters have a baby close to one of my kids.  I am so grateful that it actually happened.    

I loved watching the two of them get to know each other.  Hudson called her baby and kept trying to hug her and pat her.  Berkley looks like she is crying in this picture but actually she loved Hudson right back and kept wanting to grab his shirt, touch his face and talk to him.
The girls really wanted to hold her.  Emma was so excited that she would not stay out of her face because she wanted to keep kissing her and talking to her trying to make her smile.  Love the pic of Ave holding her.  Emma cracks me up because she wanted to hold her like a baby and Berkley doesn't like being held like a baby.
I am straight up jealous of the fact that she LOVED her uncle Deke right off the bat.  He kept tickling under her chin and she loved it.  He would say anything to her and she would get this flirty little grin.  It was so cute.
Hunter was great with her and she really liked his voice too when he would talk to her.  
First cousin pics.....
 The babies teething away together on some corn cobs after dinner...
 We got together one of the days as sisters at Cheesecake Factory.  It was nice to have some time without my own kids there to get to just watch her mannerisms and hold her.  I can't believe how normal it felt to see Brenn as a mom and its sort of weird but it felt totally normal to have Berkley with her.  I had never met her yet she already feels so familiar to me.
 It was so awesome to get to see all my sisters and even though it was fast, it is always fun when we are together.
 I miss that baby so much already.  Looking forward to all the fun things ahead with this sweet little niece of mine :):)

1 comment:

Kassi said...

Oh my goodness I just want to eat her and she is just a mini Brenn! I'm so jealous you got to see her, Brenn, and Kimbre! Hahaha! But glad you had such a great time!