Monday, October 28, 2013

"I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" -Anne of Green Gables

We found a nice big pumpkin to carve this year.  I am hoping that it is full of seeds, since getting the seeds out is my favorite part, not so much a fan of the carving.  Pumpkins give me the warm fuzzies.  Makes me think about the day I cut one open and lifted the lid to find a ring hanging from the top, then Deke took a knee and asked me to marry him.  It was romantic and so creative.  Every time I watch the video I cry.  I was so surprised and the moment was so tender.  Oh I love Deke, he makes me so happy.  Every year when the pumpkins start to appear in the stores it is my favorite time of year.  Now eleven years later my warm fuzzies are in overdrive with the connection to deke and now seeing my four babies all huddled around one.  It makes me think of a quote I recently saw, "I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers" 
- Anne of Green Gables

No comments: