Sunday, October 06, 2013

She wrote her name!!!!

So Emma and I have been doing preschool everyday really working on her letters.  All sorts of letter identification games that I can come up with.  Then a few weeks ago we started hitting up formation and she randomly started working on writing some.  She knows how to spell her name if you ask her and often you'll hear her wandering around the house saying "Emma... e-m-m-a."  Then she will try her hand at random words,  "Brenn- b-n-e-s-e-e" "cat- c-r-r-l-o" pretty much she at least gets the first letter right.  The other day we were working at the Y and she was over coloring with a group of kids.  "Mom, look I writed my name!" she waved me over.  I walked over and saw the paper above and almost fell over.  She wrote her name!!!!  All the correct letters, in the correct order and had even capitalized the E!! I was floored.  We had worked on spelling her name and she knows letters and how to form a few of them but I had never sat down yet and shown her how to write her name.  She had just put all the steps together herself and done it!!  She is only three!  I started asking all the kids and other teachers if anyone had helped her, showing them the piece of paper.  They all said no.  I grabbed a fresh piece and asked her to write it so that I could watch and sure enough, she quickly wrote it out for me again with her little orange crayon.  Clear and adorable in her own handwriting.  It was so neat.  Everyone was teasing me because I was so excited and quickly got my phone out to document and then tucked the little piece of paper into my purse because you'd better believe I'm keep that! Way to go Miss E, you are awesome!!!!

No comments: