Sunday, October 06, 2013

Finally a crib dweller

Well I knew that eventually I would be able to make this transition with Mister man and feel ready and okay with it.  Hudson moved into his crib last month at almost ten months old!! He was definitely in our room longer than any of the other kids.  I was just not ready.  Then I started to realized that it was really getting uncomfortable for him and that Deke was right I would probably sleep a lot more sound when he was in his own room.  Of course like his easy going personality he adjusted perfectly, even on the first night.  I stood outside the room and waited and waited, thinking that surely he was going to start crying for me to get him out.  Nothing.  After awhile I started worrying that maybe something was wrong so I snuck in to take a peek.  He was sound asleep.  Completely content.  There were tears both happy and sad about this.  It just feels like that first big step away from needing me and now stopping nursing is just a month or two around the corner.  I am having a hard time.  I want him to stay a baby.
That first night before we said family prayer we put him in the crib with the lights on and all laughed as we watched him explore it.  He would crawl from one side to the other and then sit back on his bum and grin at us.  Then he would lay back and sprawl out almost like he was going to do a snow angel.  He was thrilled at all the space.  Then he pulled up and started pushing all the buttons on the ocean soother.  Grabbed the top rail and tried bouncing up and down laughing at his new game.
He loves his crib.  I had a few days of adjustment and then I was good.  I do sleep more soundly and I like that Deke and I have our room back to watch movies and have our own space at night.  Not gonna lie though, you'd better believe every morning when that little guy wakes up making his cute little sounds I smuggle him into bed with Deke and I to nurse and snuggle.

No comments: