Thursday, May 09, 2013

"Morning mommy."

 The littlest Burch fairly easily coerced mom into sneaking him into bed to snuggle early this morning.  He probably would have settled back in, binky and blanket in hand if we hadn't gotten company.  Ten minutes later my usual 6:30 am visitor was saying "Mommy, good mornin', wanna nuggle with me??"  For about a month now this has become her early morning tradition to hop in bed between us and cuddle with me.  I have to admit I have been loving this, even if she insists on sleeping right next to me on my pillow and knocking heads with me every few minutes as I am trying to sleep.  She will actually usually fall back to sleep with us until our alarms go off.  "Come on sis," was my half awake reply as I lifted her up on the bed and she snuggled up to Hudson and I.  A couple minutes later, Deke both due to his alarm and the current crowding of the bed got up to get ready for work.  Emma and Hudson doing more giggling and playing than resting, I continued to try to close my eyes fighting to get fifteen more sleep minutes.  I tried to rest as Hudson rolled and smacked me in the face with his arm, then just get settled in as I jump to the sound of a toy inches from my face.  Nothing says happy Monday like an upbeat version of twinkle twinkle little star in a slightly twangy electronic sound inches from your eardrum.  I open my eyes and see two sets of baby blues staring at me, there is Hudson's stuffed owl sitting on my head and I am outlined by baby toys.  They are prepping for play even as I am sleeping.  Hudson grins huge at me excited that I am now awake to play.  "Morning mommy!!!" Emma exclaims and as I lay my head back to let myself start to wake up, she comes over and starts to gently pull on my eyelids.  "Mommy, it is time to play you have to keep yours eyes open like this." I start to laugh.  "I got us some toys to play together, c'mon mommy let's do it, let's play." Alright, alright you two... you have convinced me.  I am sure whatever fun you two have in store for me today is way better than a little extra snooze time.    

No comments: