Thursday, May 09, 2013

Girls night

A few weekends ago the boys headed up to Father's and Sons camp out.  It is crazy to think that someday soon little man will be joining them.  I have realized that it isn't just a weekend for the boys it is actually also a weekend for us girls.  As they get older it is fun that we are able to do more things.  The girls have been wanting to make their own chalkboards for their room for awhile now to be able to draw pictures on and write messages to each other on.  
So off to WalMart we headed for some cheap $5 frames and some spray paint. I had to smile when I told the girls they could each pick out their colors and Em chose a paint called "Ballet slipper pink" while Avery quickly chose a paint called "Watermelon".  Exactly what I would have thought for both of them.  They were thrilled when I let them each take their turn helping me spray the frames.
I had some extra chalkboard vinyl from when I made my menu chalkboard for the kitchen so I added it to the frames and we had a cute, easy, inexpensive craft for the girls.
I gave them the dry erase crayons we got at Walgreens that work fabulous on the chalkboard vinyl and they settled in for an hour of coloring and drawing....
Avery drew this adorable picture of our family.
LOVE the fact that she drew a little baby Hudson buckled in his carseat.  So cute.

The girls had each picked out a new nail polish.  Emma a bright summery orange and Avery an electric blue so we had some fun painting our toes.  We ordered a pizza and watched a couple "My little pony" episodes. Then enjoyed some ice cream before all piling into bed.
The girls and I saw these cute little pancakes and knew that was exactly what we wanted for breakfast the next morning.  So we slept in and then got up and chowed down on some of these.  The girls just kept giggling and saying how cute they were.
The girls decided to make some new pictures on their boards before the boys got home.  Emma wanted me to draw her a castle and then she colored it in.
Avery wanted to look up ideas for chalkboards so her and I found some and then she copied the handwriting all by herself.  She did a great job.  Oh I just love my girls!!!!

No comments: