Saturday, May 11, 2013

First boat trip of the summer

All throughout high school I loved spending weekends out on the lake on the boat.  Deke and I and a bunch of friends out wake boarding, tubing and skiing all day long.  The girls and I spending hours flying around the lake with some great music blasting.  I remember having a boat when I was about Hunter's age and Marley was a baby all cute and chubby sitting in her car seat with her little sunhat. I love going on the boat.  Last year dad got a knew boat and I was so excited.  However being pregnant with Hudson I held off from any boating last summer and decided just to wait patiently for next boating season.  So we finally went out and it was a blast and the boat is awesome.  My kids had so much fun and I loved getting to watch them enjoy it.  

I tried the wake surf for the first time and for the first six pulls or so I pretty much ate it.  I just kept drinking lake water.  Finally I got up which felt really good but I never actually figured out how to let go of the rope and do the surfing part but it was my first time so I have high hopes as to where I will be by the end of summer.  More practice and drop some of this baby weight and it hopefully will get easier for me.  
The kids were so so cute....
I loved this little rash guard and swim trunks for Magoo.  My favorite thing though was this cute little sunglasses with a fabric adjustable strap that velcro's in the back.  Awesome and he liked them, thank you Target :)
This is just great...
The kids spent most of the afternoon tubing.
I couldn't believe the Em actually got out there and wanted to tube too.  She even got to a point where she was standing up on it and waving with both her arms.
Alec demonstrating for me the way the wake surf should look...
We played at the lake all day, I am happy to say that there was not a speck of sunburn on these fair little burchlings.  Only their momma who got busy playing and forgot to reapply sunscreen burnt her nose and cheeks.  Can't wait to go again.

No comments: