Saturday, February 23, 2013

Snow in Mesa?!?!

Craziest thing happened the other night here in mesa.  We got snow!!! It had been raining off and on all day long and then Deke called on the way home from work and said that as he was walking out to the parking lot there was snow on the tops of people's cars.  Hunter came in from scouts and said "Mom it was snowing fifteen minutes from the church, Sister Fryer's sister sent her a picture on her cellphone!!"  I went to look out back and it was hailing a ton.  We sat and watched the hail pound down until I realized that something was changing.  It was wasn't hail, this was starting to stick and accumulate into little piles.  It was actually snowing.  It started covering the playhouse roof, the wagon, the porch and making a small pile in the corner of the sliding glass door.  The kids were flipping out they were so excited!!!  We got out the video camera and videotaped it.   It has never snowed in the valley where it actually stuck in my lifetime.  My kids ran into their rooms and came out wearing their snow gear.  Laughing I let them go out back and they both managed to make snowballs to throw at each other.  They tried to make a teeny snowman but it just wouldn't stick together enough.
They were so excited.  Emma of course stood inside next to me and Hudson smiling and yelling at the sliding glass door "Guys, are you having fun in the no??"  Then turning to me and adding, "I not like the no, it's cold. I not want to play in it."  Deke got home and we went for a little drive around the neighborhood, it was surreal to see snow covering the sides of the road and on top of the street.  We drove around about ten minutes watching and taking it all in.  In that short time we saw three accidents and decided to get home and off of the road.  People are just not used to this kind of weather here.  It was such a fun surprise and Deke and I were so glad that the kids got the opportunity to see snow in mesa :) :)

No comments: