Thursday, February 28, 2013

"I hold him."

 Lately this big sister thinks she's pretty big stuff.  If he starts crying she is quickly over attending to him and tells me "It's okay mom, I hold him" then bends down to try to pick him up.  She is always ready to question me when I tell her she is not big enough yet to carry him.  Sometimes then there is tears.  You see she pretty much thinks he belongs to her and loves him to pieces.  She has a special high pitch voice she uses to talk only to him, it makes us smile.  So I tell her to sit down and hold out her arms and then I put Hudson on her lap as she giggles. I direct her to hold on to him, but not squeeze him as I laugh at the unenthusiastic look on his face.
 He is less than thrilled and she is delighted.  Talking to him about getting in his stroller because it is time to go to playgroup at the park.  He starts to squirm and wiggle until he manages to slide down a little out of her grip.  Suddenly he thinks there may be a way out and continues wiggling.  She starts giggling again saying, "Hudson, where are you going magoobie?" (more on that nickname later)
 I adjust him again back into her arms and the look is back.  He is begging me to save him with his eyes.  Emma is belly laughing, "Mom he loves me" she says.  "Hudson, do you love me, do you love Emma magoobie" she says to him.
 Within thirty seconds he is once again trying his best escape moves and I finally decide he has probably had enough.  Sorry little man, there happens to be a pecking order and you are currently on the bottom of the totem pole :) :)

No comments: