Monday, November 21, 2011

This is definitely my fault.

The other day I got out the Duplo blocks for Emma to build with. She start happily playing away building towers and then knocking them to the ground like usual. I sat on the couch reading my book when she suddenly got quiet. Now that she is a toddler moments like this can mean all sorts of creative messes and trouble. As I looked up, sure that she had taken off somewhere I saw her standing there. She had taken a big block and put a little block on top of it and was holding it up to her eye and saying something. "Emma what did you make?" I asked her. She hurried over to me, looked at me and smiled, then put her eye back on the blocks and murmured something. Oh I get it now. Laughing to myself as I realized that she had just made her own "camera". She pulled the block to one side of her face, pointed at me and mumbled a whole bunch of something. "Oh okay, I'm ready. Cheese!" I said and smiled wide at her. Grinning that I finally understood what the game was she put her eye on the block, murmured something and then looked back at me completely satisfied. I then became her photo subject for the next few minutes in which she actually started trying to use her tongue to make a clicking noise. After a few minutes I attempted to go back to my book when she came over and starting patting my lap. "Mom!. Mom!" she said loudly "Mom!" until I relinquished my reading once again and put on my best happy face and said "Cheese!" once more. After going back and forth trying to read any of my book I told her to go take a picture of Ariel. She headed over to the Mermaid car, held up the camera and pretended to take pictures. Realizing that this new twist to the game was really fun she headed into the kitchen and started taking pictures of other things. I watched her for awhile then had to snap a shot or two of her. Taking a picture of the scarecrow...Taking a picture of the skeleton on the pantry door. I'm sorry but the side view is hilarious to me because she actually looks like she is trying to focus and aim at the skeleton. She cracks me up. I thought it was really clever for such a little thing. I know of course that it has to do with her being a child of a paparrazi mother. Since I sort of love to photo document our day to day life. Can I help it if I think my kids are adorable? :) :)

No comments: