Monday, November 21, 2011

Teething ring bracelets

I love this baby, I know I know she is a toddler and everyday more and more signs are popping up to support that reality. She is such a girly girl. About six months ago she was playing over in the toy bin and I saw her reaching in and digging for something. A few minutes later she walked over to me grinning and I about died of laughter when I saw what she had done. She had taken three of her old teething rings and put them on her arm like bangle bracelets. She held it up for me to see, obviously proud of herself. "Ohhhh, you are so pretty, I love your bracelets" I told her as she raced off to find Daddy. Since then all teething rings are bracelets. She will just be playing around the house some days and I will be cleaning or doing laundry and she will come in wearing a pair of Ave's Sunday shoes, teething ring bracelets on each arm. It makes me smile. The ladies in the nursery during scouts were laughing so hard one day when I came to pick her up and they told me that she had found some rings and was wearing them as bracelets. "Yeah she does that at home too" I told them. I am not sure what I love more, the actual bracelets being worn or the way she holds her arm when she is wearing them. She will walk around with her arm out straight, hand held up in a stop position so that the bracelets don't fall off. When she needs to pick up another toy she will bend down slowly keeping her hand straight out so as not to disturb her carefully placed jewelry. So sweet. So today when I told her to head out to the van and she came out with Hunter and Ave complete with a bracelet on I had to take a quick pick because it is just another one of those millions of little things that I love so much about her that I don't want to forget.

No comments: