Wednesday, September 25, 2013

" I'm lonely at table."

This girl.  I love to record little things that our kids do that make me laugh or smile and that I want to be able to remember someday.  I can't even really remember when Em started doing this it feels like it has been always but it has only been since she could talk.  You see, Emma is our slow eater.  Pretty much because she won't stop talking to everyone and is easily distracted by all the "going ons" of the people around her at the table.  So undoubtedly as everyone else is taking their dishes to the sink, Emma still has some bites to go.  As soon as everyone gets up to rinse their plate and head on to their other activities Emma announces, "I'm lonely at table."  She continues to say it each time getting a little louder and a little more dramatic so that we get the full effect of her suffering :) :) Even if we are two feet away from her cleaning up dishes, she still complains to us of her loneliness.  "You are fine, we are right here" Deke and I tell her but she protests that "no one is sitting by her at the table though and that she is so so lonely."  Oh my goodness little miss.  It is a routine we all know is coming.  It makes me smile when Hunter or Ave intentionally slow up the tail end of their meal just to stay by her until she finishes.  This makes her grin and she makes a point of telling us "Mom, Avery and me are still both eating, the two of us together at table."  You are so funny kid, I have never heard of a kid getting lonely at the table when everyone else is in the room still, but it is sweet.  I am glad you love good conversation and enjoy the company of your family.  Now lets just see if that lasts when you are sixteen :) :)

No comments: