Monday, September 30, 2013

Admirers of the rain

One day not too long ago we got a day full of rain.  Not just a powerful short lived down pour like we usually get but an on and off all day steady, nice rainy day. It was awesome.  It was peaceful and every one in the house was relaxed and sort of mellow.  We enjoyed an afternoon of board games and quiet reading with blankets.  I went in to check on the boys and found them perched at their window together.  Hunter had Hudson standing on the window sill and he babbled away as he looked around and pounded his little hands on the glass.  
 They sat like that for quite awhile until I heard Hudson fussing.  "Mom, every time I take Hudson down from the window to give my arms a break he starts having a melt down" Hunter called to me.  I headed in to take him and relieve Hunter.  "Here mom, can you hold him until I get my jacket on?" he asked me.  "I am going to take him to sit outside to watch the rain instead."  He ran and grabbed a jacket and headed out the front door as I reminded him to let Hudson look but not get him in the rain.  When I walked out they were sitting out front on our little bench together and Hunter had put him inside his jacket with him.
 They looked so cute sitting there together.  Hudson was so content.  Normally after five minutes he would've been wiggling off Hunter's lap eager to explore things and crawl around.  It was like the steady sound of the rain sort of mesmerized him and he just sat there and stared.  They were out there for a good thirty minutes until I came and scooped Hudson up for his nap.  Hunter is an amazing big brother.  Even though they are nine years apart I am so glad they have each other and moments together like this.


No comments: