Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Gilbert Food Truck Court- The grilled cheese truck

I don't love cooking, I can, and I do, but I don't love it.  I do however LOVE eating!  Deke and I both enjoy watching the food network, and the cooking competition shows.  One of the things that we have both been wanting to do is try food from a food truck.  I have seen some really delicious things on food network from food trucks.  We found out a guy from our ward is the chef of the truck Great Balls and Sliders.  So one night as we were trying to figure out what we were all craving, we decided to find out where we could go to taste his food.  Good ole Google led us to find the Gilbert Food Truck Court in old town Gilbert.
Every Friday night, different food trucks gather at this location and sell their food.  In the middle they have picnic benches set up for people to sit and eat.  The kids were all so excited to try something different.  We went around to each truck and looked over their menu.  We were disappointed to see that Bro. Dixon's truck wasn't there that night but were so excited when we ran into some friends of ours.  Emma was particularly excited to see her good friend Sara and get to hang out with her for awhile.
After checking things out we all decided to try the "Grilled Cheese Truck" that serves specialty grilled cheese sandwiches.  I chose a grilled cheese on a black peppercorn bread that had Brie, caramelized onions, honey roasted pecans and a marmalade sauce.  It was SO GOOD!!!!  Just writing about it makes me want to eat one. I don't remember everything on Deke's but it was really good too.  The kids got a three cheese blend sandwich that I thought was good but I think because it had some cheese that they were not accustomed to they thought it was just okay.
'
They also had "dessert" sandwiches that looked yummy but we were all really full afterward and decided to try that another night.  The pictures make it look just like a normal grilled cheese but trust me it was so much better!!
We all loved having all the different options all right there and it was hard to choose just one to try.  We ate and visited and just enjoyed a different experience of eating.  It was really fun and now we are all anxious to go back and try more things.

No comments: