Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Forming letters

I don't know what it is about three for my kids but it seems like once they hit three they are always chomping at the bit so to speak to start working on their "preschool stuff."  It has been the same for Emma.  Everyday we sit down and do our preschool time together and we have been really working on letter identification and now some letter formation and sounds. I love that it doesn't take much to make learning interesting for kids.  Just some simple things from around the house made fun. The other day we played this game from Pinterest using "letter pancakes" and spatulas to flip the letters on her play griddle...she loved it. Then we tried a different version where each person gets a pile of butter (small yellow construction paper rectangles) someone else (Hunter) calls out "order up!" and then calls out a letter.  Then you have to see who gets the butter on the letter pancake first.  Again Emma loved it and asked to play over and over again.  By this time I had to move on to get other things done so I sat her down on the couch with the magna doodle and told her to flip through the letters and try to write some for me.  "Mommy come look! I did my letters!" she squealed from the couch.  When I walked over to see this I was so excited.  She is forming letters!!! I LOVE the stages of learning to write.  I love that she is interested and excited about learning this.  I love that she is getting it.  I love her little handwriting and that she sat so still and practiced so carefully.  Oh Miss E you are awesome my little preschooler.  Good Job sis!!

No comments: