Tuesday, January 29, 2013

No place I'd rather be.

I'm doing this today and it is HEAVEN.  It's been rainy outside and Emma really wanted to snuggle with me.  So I had her lay down next to me and held Hudson and patted his back until he was asleep.  Then I reached over and patted her back until her eyes started getting heavy.  Within a few minutes both were softly snoring.  All warm in soft blankets and both of them smelling amazing like baby shampoo and lavender lotion.
Watching them sleep and feeling the warmth of Hudson's little body snuggled up against mine.  Staring at Emma's long eyelashes and the tiny new freckles starting to sprinkle over her nose.  Every once in awhile her nose crinkling up as if something is tickling her.  Hudson's eyes fluttering open slightly and then closed again.  Occasionally his little lips start puckering making sucking motions as if there is something there.  His fine baby hair so soft when I rub my cheek on the top of his balding head.  Even though he is getting bigger he still feels so wonderfully small in my arms.  I could lay here like this all day.  There is no where else I'd rather be then snuggled up with two of my beautiful babies taking an afternoon rest.  I really should close my eyes for a minute and catch up on some rest but I can't.  I just want to sit here and watch them sleep.

No comments: